The title sums up perfectly what has been going on over here- nothing, but me being lazy. So there is really no excuse for me and my lack of posting but at the same time there hasn't been anything too terribly interesting to post about. Since coming home from Georgia we've just been enjoying summer. I can't say we've been enjoying the summer weather because either the temperature soars to unbearable highs or it drops suddenly and I wonder if I should get out a pair of pants. Oh, and then there are the sporadic thunderstorms that bring nasty humidity and frizzy hair. So during the day we escape the heat by staying indoors then come late afternoon we take a stroll in the park to get some fresh air and sanity. Depending on the weather, some weekends are spent at the pool. Once I upload the photos from the phone I will share.
In other news, as of one month Maddalena has been discovering the joy of eating. At first she was eager to try everything I gave her from apples, bananas, carrots, turkey, anything really, but avocado. And then I made the mistake of giving her a vegetable mix, now it's the vegetable mix or nothing. I guess it could be worse, at least it's good for her.
This past Tuesday we celebrated Corrado's birthday. We had some friends over to mark the event. I made these fried things that took way too long to fry because my pan was too small for frying more than two at a time. I also made a surprise birthday cake for him. I made a chocolate cake with a white chocolate mouse filling. It was the first time I tried out the recipe and I'm happy to report I will be making it again. The only problem I ran into was that my cream wouldn't become whipped cream. Don't worry, there won't be any mutinies in my kitchen. The real problem was that it was just too hot meaning I had to settle for a mouse that wasn't as dense as I wanted. Still tasted good! Pictures had completely slipped my mind while I was serving everything even though I had intentionally placed the camera in the kitchen to remind myself to take pictures.
In just a couple of days I will be chatting it up with Emily in Barcelona! I'm so looking forward to this visit. I'm also excited for Maddalena to meet Caleb especially since she is in a strange phase where she wants nothing to do with other kids. Maybe Caleb's adorable smile will persuade her to be sociable?
Well, let me go get the suitcase out from storage and check the weather in Barcelona. Mini-vacation here we come!
M sounds so funny! She reminds me a lot of L in the sense that they are both so unbelievably willful! Have a great time in Barcelona and please, please, please take tons of pictures!
ReplyDelete