Sunday, October 19, 2014

Summer Recap

I want to try to get back in the swing of blogging. It really is a great way to keep up with each other so don't be shy, write away...

As you all know, this summer had brought a very unanticipated event which I prefer to leave alone. Instead, I'll share a few of our highlights from this past summer! Let's start back in May...

Maddalena and I took an unplanned trip to Texas to spend a great 3 weeks with my mom.

Bean bag toss!


Waiting for yummy tacos!
 We were quite busy showing Maddalena around Texas. We visited farmer markets, ate fresh fish tacos (though I was highly skeptical, I found that they were amazing!), explored parks, ate the best BBQ (even Matthew McConaughey eats there) got friendly with Grandma's chickens, picked strawberries and made jam, checked out a museum, rode on a glass-bottom boat, and watched the entire Breaking Bad series. It was a busy three weeks.
She loved feeding them.
After returning home we attended a wedding, unpacked our suitcases only to repack them in order to visit Corrado's family. Shortly after, it was back over to the states; this time Georgia.

 
While in Georgia, we weren't as busy but we did squeeze in some beach time and checked out a small museum dedicated to sea turtles. Ever since, Maddalena has a soft spot for "tuttles." 
 

She thought she owned the beach.

Oh him.

 Oh, did I mention Corrado tried to hack his fingers off with a chainsaw? Well he did and we spent a day in the hospital, too. Fun stuff.
 
The month of July was a quiet one after all our traveling. During the weeks we stayed cool in the house and only ventured outside in the later hours of the day. Weekends we spent splashing in the Navy club's pool. Then towards the end of August it was back in the car, this time our destination was only in Italy, to Puglia! Even though we planned a relaxing week, it was filled with more going here and going there, eat this at this Aunt's house and eat some more at this cousin's house that at the end I found myself 10 pounds heavier. Oh, the joy of summer. Also, I had gotten on the "no-poo" bandwagon (meaning I've stopped shampooing my hair) and having just started I was right in the middle of my degreasing period so I probably had an added pound of hair oils festering on my head. Not my best week.
She wants the phone.

She really wants the camera.


No, Corrado is not naked, his shorts were under M's bum.


What were you all up to this summer?


3 comments:

  1. I love all of these pictures, French. M looks like C in some and just like you in others. What a beautiful little girl. She is growing up so fast!

    Miss you! And I totally agree that we all need to start blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to it, Lady! I need to see some of your beautiful babies!

      Delete
  2. That M is just too stinking cute. Love her, and you. And C too.

    ReplyDelete