Friday, August 2, 2013

We're Having a Heat Wave

"a tropical heat waaave," obviously I'm singing that in my best Marilyn Monroe voice. And no, I don't think you can call what we're having here a heat wave, I think you would just call it summer.

On the days that I feel like it, I drag our butts to the pool to get some relief from the heat. M is still not a water baby but she has taken to splashing which is progress. We also were given this inner tube that we sometimes use. It's nice just sticking her in there so I can float around a bit. M has found it's great too, especially when she's thirsty and would like to lap up some chlorinated water. Yum, yum, yum.

I can't believe August is here already. It's seems as though summer is flying by. I'm not quite ready to put back on proper shoes and cover up my neck with scarves just yet. I wish I had gotten some more reading done. I'm slowly working my way through some stories of Katherine Anne Porter. Any summer regrets from you all?

In a week we will be up North spending some time with C's family. We're hoping to squeeze in some day-trips so as not to be home all the time. I was thinking we could visit an aquarium in Genoa, knowing that they have AC really makes it tempting. Someone also mentioned going up into the mountains. I would really like to spend a day at the beach, too. I will confess I was a little bitter when we decided not to go down to Corrado's family's beach house. The beaches and the water are just spectacular and have spoiled me, nothing says summer like a few days down there. Oh well, always next year.

Well, let me get going, this was just a quick update for you all from our uneventful life here.
What do you all have planned for the last month in summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment