2) Tragedy of the week: our fridge broke. I had had my suspicions that it was slowly dying on us but I thought maybe it had been my imagination. Wouldn't my husband comment or notice, as well, that the things just weren't as cold as they should be, to reaffirm my suspicions? Yesterday morning, I saw our freezer was defrosting itself, so I announced the sad news to C. A new fridge has been purchased and should arrive in 2-3 days. Do they count the day you made the purchase? And why don't they give you an exact day and time? Do I just sit, waiting for this delivery? Part of me says yes, stay where you are! because this is kinda a big delivery and I really need the new fridge. But then, another part of me says, cranky-clingy-baby needs to go for her afternoon walk or else...
3) Big thing of the month: our milk adventure. I had been planning on introducing dairy to M in August, then my mom, being all for unpasteurized milk and cheeses, had been urging me to try to find some place that sold raw milk. Thanks to the internet, I found a third generation farmer who makes deliveries all over Rome. Yet, him being Italian naturally meant that all business was suspended for the month of August. Where do dairy farmers go on vacation, by the way? So we had to wait till September. On the plus side, this guy is really organized. He posts the day, time, and location, and you just go and get what you want. We purchased a liter of milk, some yogurt and ricotta. It was a little pricey, but hey, it's super fresh! It was written what time they milked the cows!
Unfortunately, my milk, due to the fridge breaking, left me with curds and whey.
4) And in some odd mood, I decided to be creative and make some children's art:
I won't be opening up an Etsy shop anytime soon....



I love the art!!!! So cute! I also happen to be a sucker for elephants.
ReplyDeleteElephants are adorable!! Isn't fresh milk delicious!! It has this borderline putrescent smell that makes me super happy.
ReplyDeleteLove the swing top bottle...
ReplyDelete