Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Tale of a Shoe Meddling Mom

The sewing fun (or frustration) has not ended for me!

After those adorable moccasins I came across another adorable pair of shoes that I just had to make. And since the moccasins were giving me so much trouble always slipping off her ankles what could be the solution but to try again. After discovering on Pinterest  (a dangerous place) the lovely lady of homemade toast  who so generously offers not only a free pattern but also a free tutorial of how to make the most sweetest shoes and after seeing her pictures how could I say no?

Two frustrating days later (why can't I pick an easy project??) here they were.

Don't want to get too close; you would see all the mistakes.

 
 
But they were too big.
They lasted a week.
And here is what she is sporting when we go out now.
 
 
 
Finally, a pair of shoes that stays on. Now every time we pass a shoemaker's shop, Corrado nudges me and suggests with a grin that I go learn the art of making shoes that stay on.
 
The end of my shoe meddling. 

4 comments:

  1. Haha! sounds like all my projects. My most recent project was Easter vests for the boys. Caleb's was too small and wouldn't button over his fat belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can see you trying to button his vest- suck in your gut, child!

      Delete
  2. Oh! Don't let it be the end! Frances the Cobbler must endure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will be resurrected for future babies. Mine and yours. :)

      Delete