Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

On Sunday we went to see the Pope. Insert laughter here. I couldn't even see the piazza let alone get a glimpse of Papa Francesco. I thought, foolishly, that maybe things had calmed down at St. Peter's and that there wouldn't be that many people. Again, insert laughter here.
C followed me through the crowd as I wriggled my way through the street attempting to get myself to the piazza. He claims I was "pushing" people, I wasn't, I'm just good at squeezing in between people. We stood around for a little bit wondering if we could get closer. The Italian part of me thought about shouting out that I had a sick child and needed her to be blessed and then just push through the crowd but I held my tongue. Standing on my tiptoes I tried to see the monitors, couldn't even see those! C offered to lift me up on his shoulders. The idea of me on his shoulders with M in the baby carrier with her feet dangling in his face was humorous and I did debate it for a half a second, then I concluded that pushing would be a better idea.
After about 15 minutes of just standing in limbo we decided to go on an errand instead.

Our week is going to be pretty busy. C's little brother is getting married this Saturday and we have a few more errands to run before driving the 6 hours up North on Thursday afternoon. For instance, picking out a sippy cup for M. So I'm linking up with Haeley for the week of Mothers, maybe I can get another picture of us two, if not, this one will do. Have a great week everyone! 


4 comments:

  1. Haha! I want to see the Pope and have him kiss Luisa! I love this photo and Maddy looks so freaken cute! She is so adorable! Lt me know how the sippy cup adventure goes, make sure that the one you choose doesn't drip/leak if upside down.

    Baci!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a great one and thankfully it doesn't leak. You should see her face when she gets a sip of water- a mixture between shock, pure disgust and delusion that it's not milk! Cracks me up every time.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, she is so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna see pictures of you guys at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete