Friday, May 31, 2013

Guilty Pleasures

I'm pretty sure I could make a very long list of guilty pleasures. Like Mariana, I find myself wasting time longing for a new wardrobe. And I'm right there with Emily, I know all about sleeping when I should be doing something productive, or devouring innocent chocolate bars that later find themselves on my hips...

But I will devote this 5 minute blog post to showers. Yes, showers.


I could probably take an hour long shower and not feel guilty about it, in fact, I think I've done it. Yes, I do feel guilty about wasting all that water and yes, I should be oh, I don't know, catching up on chores but an hour long shower is so wonderful. The warm water, the steam, the peace- it is, I repeat, wonderful.

Now that I have a klingon (yes, I know, really lame joke) showers have become rare luxuries, let alone a guilty pleasure. In these past 6 months, every shower I've taken has been out of necessity to clean the oily mass on my head. As I frantically rush to scrub my head I may pause for 30 seconds and just pretend I can stay...
then a knock on the bathroom door pops that bubble, "I'm almost done" is my famous phrase.

Being on vacation these days, meaning that Grandma will joyfully bounce cranky baby on her knees for unlimited amounts of time, I have indulged in 15 minute showers!

I don't even know when I was supposed to post this, sorry Haeley!

5 comments:

  1. Yes! The beloved shower! I have never taken it for granted since having the... what did you call it?... Klingon? Wish I could see you, C, and baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matilda will stand balefully at the crack of the door while Lucie attempts to shower in peace. Even if I am playing with her downstairs, the second she hears the water start she bolts up to the bathroom door. When I try to bring her downstairs, I worry the neighbors will think someone is being skinned alive... Toddlers are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I had to narrate my whole shower to the surveillence tot on the other side of the curtain... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! She's gotta make sure you clean behind your ears!

      Delete