Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Procrastination Post

I have suitcases to empty, dishes to wash, more laundry to do, and a house that needs cleaning. Conveniently, Maddalena has fallen asleep in my arms and since I wouldn't want to wake her what else should I do with my two free hands? I guess I have to blog...

We had a great two weeks with my family and I promise to write about that but at the moment I'm too depressed to recount about our fun adventures. Instead, I will just post a few pictures from the wedding we attended back in May.

About to head out.
I wore this great dress from H&M. It was floor-length, comfortable and pretty easy to take off and on for nursing. Maddalena is wearing a hand-me-down from this couple that have two girls. They give us everything from shoes to onesies, winter and summer attire and this adorable formal dress. Needless to say, I haven't bought anything for my daughter except for a hat.

Getting dressed.
The ceremony was in this teeny tiny church up on a hill giving a wonderful view of the countryside. Sorry, no pictures. We arrived at the church not too long before the bride. My husband, being one of the witnesses, needed to get inside next to the groom, who was his brother, right away. That left me to navigate my way around one-handed with the baby stroller in wet grass, dress held up in the other hand, and heels sinking with each step. I didn't have another hand or body part to take pictures of the church. 

We did manage to squeeze in a family photo.

The name of the church was Our Lady of the Snow- quite fitting for a place where they get a ton of snow!
The reception was supposed to be outside yet, sadly, it rained. A consolation for the brides who get rained on, it's supposed to be good luck!

M is already passed out- for a whole 15 minutes.
C took this photograph. His mom is not a fan of getting her picture taken so C decided to do "natural" poses.  He certainly captured us in a naturally awkward pose. 

I will say babies change weddings. I spent more time nursing than dancing. I didn't even get a piece of cake because I was nursing. But all in all, it was a nice day with good food, good wine, and good company. Viva gli sposi!



2 comments:

  1. Love love love M's dress!!! And yours looks great too although I would have loved a full length shot ;) I'm depressed that you were in the states and we missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your dresses! And you match!In a nicely coordinated way, not a dorky way.

    ReplyDelete