Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Sixth Disease

I can now say my child survived the sixth disease. Okay, "survived" implies that it was life threatening which, thank goodness, it was not. I'm just amused by the name, I'm not sure if it's absurd, silly, or dreadful. Perhaps that's why it is more commonly known as roseola in English. But here in Italy, la sesta malattia is still lurking! Anyway, M is on the mend. After three days of having a fever she is now feeling more like herself despite the terrible rash all over her body and an upset tummy.

So while M has a bodily rash I feel like my mind has broken out in one. Being closed up in the house since Sunday, having the constant thought dancing through my head that my daughter has a fever oh, and then not sleeping for various reasons, I feel a little out of it.

I promised pictures from the aquarium so here are a couple...
The entrance, obviously. 

Checking out the fishes.

She tried to grab everything!



This was the tank for the dolphins. They recently finished it and it's huge! 

Usually the camera was more exciting than the sea life.  
Sad news, my christmas tree is dead. It only had four more months to go but the hot summer weather was just too much for it. Now we have to find a way to sneak it out to the dumpster.

Have a good weekend, everyone!


3 comments:

  1. I had sixth disease once. In the States its also known as slap cheek haha! I am glad M is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Sorry poor M was so sick! Sounds awful. Glad you are all doing well now though. Baci for M!

    ReplyDelete